Saturday, April 25, 2009

Ooey, Gooey and I Smell Like Smoke

I am delightfully stinky and have a sweet burnt taste in my mouth. We just got back from roasting marshmallows at my sister's house. Warm spring nights.....ahhhh. I am a cold weather gal but I am seduced by these middle temp months and I must say, the girls are loving it. We may just have to set up their beds out there, it's getting so hard to get them indoors. My sweet, timid Kaiya finally got up the nerve to bounce with my sister's kids on their trampoline. I gotta say, trampolines scare me. I have heard too many stories of kids getting hurt; my own brother plunged his leg through the springs on one, one popped loose and....ouch. Lots of stitches. I don't mind so much them jumping with supervision, though, so I was glad she finally overcame her timidity about it. And Tait and I enjoyed a little grown-up talk with my sister and her husband. I do think Kaiya is over-tired, though. It is very late and I can hear her in her bedroom with Tait, not much wanting to go to sleep.

Oh, and I wanted to tell you about a giveaway my sweet friend Rachel is having. Actually, the giveaway is being hosted by Ozark Scents. There is a terrific interview with Rachel and she is giving away this journal. All of Rachel's journals are one-of-a-kind, making them extra special. Though there are now quite a few miles between us, Rachel and I have been close friends for far too many years (makes me feel old just thinking about it). So I have been the lucky recipient of a few of her uniquely collaged notebooks and journals. And now you can be too! But, if you feel like you just must have one now and can't wait or risk not winning, well then, you can go buy one here.

1 comment:

Rachel Kovaciny said...

Thanks for the plug! I'm really psyched about this giveaway :-D

We've been friends for more than half our lives, isn't that crazy?

Love the new site! And mmmm, you've made me crave toasted marshmallows :-9

Post a Comment