Thursday, May 27, 2010

Making Friends (and gratuitous sheep pics)

I don't know if I have mentioned it but we also keep chickens. At the moment we have eight hens but are looking to expand with more hens and add a rooster.
Up til now the hens have been kept in the enclosed lot beside their coop. Just yesterday we finished blocking off all points of entry (underneath the building that sits inside the fence) and released them into the pasture with the sheep.
You know what they say.... happy chickens = happy eggs!
In other news.... I have been wooing the sheep with sweet feed. Finn is, as of yet, the only taker but if I'm lucky he'll let me pet him a bit, too. How I love getting my hands in all that soft wool!

Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

Bumpkin Hill said...

I am just so thrilled to have found your Blog via Sarahjane. I am in love with your sheep, they have got to be the cutest sheep ever! When I was little I used to help on the sheep farm next to my Granny's in England. Oh how I loved hearding out across the fields with the sheepdog and most of all hand rearing any orphan lambs feeding with bottles. I will enjoy following along how you get on with your new friends! Love your knitting projects, your girls looked so cute in their Easter outfits. Catherine x

Post a Comment