Friday, July 16, 2010

Looking For Inspiration (and gratuitous feet pics)

My needles have been relatively still for the past month or so. I have cranked out another soaker for River. Not much choice there, as she's growing like an absolute weed! And I've filled a few orders, a crown here, teething doll there. Feeling a little ho hum in my craft of choice, of late.
After River was born I struggled for a few months. During this time I knitted like a mad woman.... Mad woman! My mother suggested I was using my knitting as an escape. I think she was right. The crazed, marathon knitting has stopped and I am feeling a lot healthier now. But, truth be told, I've not really picked up my needles in earnest in awhile. I've been busy, I guess, distracted. So many big things happening in our lives right now and by the end of the day every part of me is simply worn out.
Well, I am determined to dive in and get back on the ball.... of yarn. On a super sad note; my favorite local yarn shop is closing. Truly devastating. But, on the upside, they've marked all yarn down 40 percent off. My tiny, single mom budget doesn't allow much but I couldn't resist getting just a few. And my parents got me this as an early birthday present (not til August) and so I also couldn't resist winding them right away. You wanna talk about fun! Me and my swift, BFF's to the end. I bought these last weekend and have since held them and stroked them every night, taken about a gagillion pics of them, but knitting?...... Sigh, I am in need of a little inspiration. I am thinking about a few of these for the girls out of this splendid sock yarn (up) from Cherry Tree Hill. Maybe.

And I promised you feet. Don't ask why, just go with it.


P.S. I just wanted to thank you all so much for the wonderful comments you left on my last post. It really does mean a lot to know that someone is thinking of you in times like these.

10 comments:

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

Oh, your yarn choices are just gorgeous!!! I wish I had a swift, I have the winding attachment that clamps onto my desk - I am planning to ask for one for Chrictmas. They are relatively inexpensive on Amazon!

Best wishes to you --- maureen

Glowbug Design said...

Beautiful yarn. That last picture cracked me up. I wasn't expecting duck feet.

Jacaranda Designs Jewelry said...

Ha - Lovely feet! Wish I could knit like you - lovely colors of yarn.

PoetessWug said...

Love the yarn...and the feet! :-) And FYI, I crochet and I always go through stages of frantic crocheting and then quiet...then frantic crocheting and then quiet. Just roll with it!

Babamoon said...

gorgeous yarn and the feet lol :) thats a shame about the yarn shop :( i know i'd feel the same i absolutely love knitting which i can relate, it's pretty much my escapism!

Bumpkin Hill said...

First of all I have to say I've been thinking of you x I was taught to knit a bit by my lovely Mum but sadly she is no longer with me and so I find myself struggling to remember what she taught me. But I must say that when I recently picked up the needles again recently I found it very relaxing and so I encourage you to dive in to that lovely wool :) Looking forward to hearing what you create, hugs, Catherine x

Lynnette said...

What colorful yarn! I have a problem.. when I buy delicious yarn I don't want to use it up on just any project. I want to make sure it is the best project, I mean I spent some money on it so why not save it for something special. :) Hope you find your groove again, it might just come back with the change of seasons.

Imene said...

Love the yarn!! I go through those phases too. Frantic and then quiet, I'm trying to accept that. Oftentimes a new pattern gives me the kick I need,
I had the swift as a christmas present and it is awesome!

Sarah Knight said...

thanks for the sharing the smile
: )

Additionsstyle said...

Your yarn photos are so amazing. I think you should sell the picutes too. Have fun creating!

Post a Comment