Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Few Minutes

Days come that seem so overwhelming. And I need just a few minutes to pull it back together, breathe in, breathe out.
Here's where I can still myself. Slow down and be quiet.
This helps. It really does. I take five minutes outside, capturing the world around me. Five minutes, or until my heart beat begins to slow, my hands grow steady and I'm not so angry anymore.
Until I feel like I can go back in and speak calmly and be the mama my girls need me to be.

What centers you?

6 comments:

TheFrogBag said...

Very nice post! I feel calmer now too.

Eccentric Mama said...

It amazing how beautiful such simple things are. You thoughts are quite calming also.

stephanie dosen said...

oh your blog is so sweet and peaceful! i love it ;) happy knits xoxo ♥

BellaPepper said...

I like to sit down with a cup of green tea (with honey and milk of course) and read lovely blogs. I also love to go pick produce from the garden and gather eggs, I usually wait until the time in the day when I need some peace to do these things.

Rachel Kovaciny said...

I like to scream, really loudly. Yawp, when possible. But I live on top of an optometrist's office, so I really never get to scream. Instead, I close my eyes and run through a scene or two from some war movie (or that war show I'm so nuts about...) and remind myself that it could be worse. I could have bullets whizzing around my head instead of matchbox cars.

Sometimes it helps. Sometimes I just write frustrated emails to Larry.

Teresa Kline said...

wow, these are gorgeous photos...i really like the mushrooms..so awesome...have a fabulous day!

enjoy *~*

Post a Comment