Sunday, September 26, 2010

This Fall Day

Today it really felt like Fall had come. With the temp in the sixties and on again, off again rain it was a perfect day for being lazy and getting cosy. The girls obliged me and we took some pictures of some new items for my shop. And I can honestly say that was the most productive thing I have done all day other than cooking up some chicken noodle soup (perfect in this weather) and baked some bread (which we won't discuss. It was just awful. I have made it many times in the past but it was a complete disaster!)
I'm always so grateful when this time of year rolls around. The seemingly endless days of summer slowly coming to an end, sooner and sooner. These are the days that spark a generous amount of creativity in me. Are you the same way? This time of year I am generally brimming over with thoughts and plans and ideas. I appreciate the slower pace, giving me time to bring my girls inward a little as we plan and craft and explore the world in this time of transition. And transition is one thing my girls and I can definitely relate to. I'm so looking forward to settling in after a busy and rather eventful summer.
Here's to Autumn!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Oh you are so fortunate to be enjoying cool weather already. We have been enduring very very hot days lately.

Have a beautiful week! :)

Post a Comment