Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hand Knit Hand Me Downs

Apparently, I am not the only one with outgrown, mis-sized, unneeded and unwanted hand knits. Every knitter (or crocheter) has them. Things they've made that no longer fit or maybe didn't to begin with, or just things they've grown tired of but hasn't got the heart to just toss them in the goodwill box.
So, the group is up. Bring your knits and crocheted things, whatever they may be, and find a new home for them and find something new for you and yours while you're at it. Read the rules, join and let's start posting!
I've already added this hat. I think the best way to give them away will be to allow anyone who wants an item to comment on the picture and if there are multiple people wanting one thing, then for the person giving it away to then use random.org to pick a winner. Also, you can state in your description how long you will take comments. Does this make sense? If not or you can think of a better way to do feel free to give me your input.
I've added a button over there on the left and the link for the code below it. So, if you are joining, please go ahead and grab it and let's spread the word! I just can't wait to find new homes for some of these knits I have hanging around.

7 comments:

Lise said...

Super-cute hat! And how lovely to have a whole basket of hand-knits to pull from!

LittleGreenThread said...

I just wanted to say that I love, love, love your new header! Looks GREAT.

Anonymous said...

what an awesome idea. I never would pass up handmade anything.

Beth Hollmann said...

Mis-sized? Outgrown? Clearly, you have not met my son. Hand-knit things STRETCH and he is determined to wear a sweater that's at least 2 sizes too small that was knitted for my girls, so clearly not a terribly masculine style. :-)

That hat is absolutely beautiful!

Melodie said...

That is a wonderful idea! It is so hard to part with the things you lovingly handmade...knowing they would go to a good home would make it easier I would think!

Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} said...

Oh i LOVE this idea!! What a great way to pass on some of those cherished knits that we just can't part with *grin*. Now you know they are going somewhere they will be loved :)

kendra said...

brilliant idea! i don't think i currently have any hand knits to pass on... unless i could convince myself to let go of some of the scarves we *never* wear! : ) hope everything finds loving new homes!

Post a Comment